What Is Massage Therapy?
At Arbor Vitae Wellness Center, we offer our clients various ways to seek well-being through intuitive bodywork and Massage Therapy, including shiatsu and reiki, among others. Read more about:
Modern medical science has shown that around 90 percent of all illnesses and conditions are related to stress in one way or another. Sadly, high stress does wonders in making the human body age quicker on the inside and out. Luckily, massage is a great way to help manage and minimize this stress.
In addition, there are several other benefits related to massage:
- Decreases in fatigue and anxiety
- Improved energy and circulation
- Increased concentration
- Better quality of sleep
In addition, you’ll also find that massage is great at achieving several other health related results:
- Increases flexibility of joints.
- Improves your skin’s condition.
- Reduces feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Allows atrophied, tight, and weak muscles to be exercised.
- Reduces dependence on certain medications.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, thus increasing the body’s natural immunity.
- Reduction in swelling and adhesions common after surgery.
- Reduces pain related to migraines.
- Reduction in cramps and muscle spasms.
- Improves oxygen flow and circulation to vital organs and tissues.
- Promotes recovery after intense workout regimens.
- Increases range of motion and lessens lower back pain.
- Makes labor easier and reduces the length of hospital stays for expectant mothers.
- Helps reduce stretch marks and other scar tissue by supporting regeneration of tissue.
- Decreases pain and tension in overused, tired, and injured muscles.
- Works as all natural pain reducer by releasing the body’s endorphins.