Benefits of Shiatsu Massage
Shiatsu may be used to treat the following conditions:
- Back pain
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Recovery from injuries
- Arthritis pain
- Poor digestion
Shiatsu may not be suitable for people:
- With an infectious skin disease, a rash, or open wounds. Shiatsu should not be done directly over bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, tumors, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures.
- Who have recently had surgery.
- Who have recently had chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by a doctor.
- With osteoporosis. These patients should consult their doctor before having shiatsu.
- Who are prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having shiatsu.
- Who are pregnant. Check with a doctor first if you are considering getting any type of massage or bodywork. Shiatsu in pregnant women should be done by massage therapists who are certified in pregnancy massage.